For the Love of People

It's 9AM on a Thursday morning and I am squeezed onto a bus with 34 other girls headed to Tulsa! There's no better time to be cuddled up next to the bus window and get to writing than right this very moment.

This weekend shall be filled with laughter, chatter, and probably a few tears (did I mention I'm with 34 GIRLS?) but none the less this weekend should be one to remember. In between cheering on our basketball teams as they compete for the title of State Champions, I will be running in my first outdoor track meet of my senior year, so this weekend I feel as if I will be put to the ultimate test of strength, faith, and hope and ultimately pushed to my limit. Which is oddly thrilling.

Being an 18 year old, trying to figure out what this beautiful life has in store for me can sometimes be overwhelming. Sometimes I feel as if I'm so booked that I am actually supposed to be two places at once (this weekend is a perfect example) and I feel as if I have finally bitten off more than I can chew. It's disheartening and MORE than stressful. I know God has my journey mapped out already, but sometimes it's hard to be of good cheer when times get tough. 

But here's the plus side to all of that...
God has blessed me with PEOPLE. That's right, people! I am surrounded by people that love me. People that care about me. People who will support me. People who are willing to bend over backwards to make sure my world continues to turn. I thrive off of these people. The kindness of their heart is what fuels my fire and allows me to place one foot in front of the other, marching together, towards my goal which has merged into OUR goal. So when I feel as if I cannot stand up under everything, I can look up to my Heavenly Father, who then directs me towards the people.

So when you get to that point of feeling like throwing in the towel, look around you. You have people. And if you feel as if you don't have people, pray that God leads you to those people. Seek positivity and positivity will come to you. Seek love and love will come.

As I prepare for an all-or-nothing weekend, I look around, and see 34 of my beautiful friends and sisters who are willing to seize the day right along with me. And for that, I am thankful. 

Until next time, 
Ashley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"She Was Me and I Am Her"--Accepting My Success

What A Revelation It Was When She Realized She Didn't Need To Settle

Nothing In This Life Scares You